You first saw my halloween window art in my blog post ‘Decorating our flat for Halloween’ . Katie requested in the comments that I did a little tutorial so here we are! Mine are quite large, so this is the slightly-smaller cute version. They look so effective and are so fun for trick-or-treaters to look at!
You need :
5 sheets of white A4 paper
5 sheets of black A4 card or paper
A sharp pencil
1 . Start by saving my images below – If you click the images they will open in a new window.
2. Print each image/file onto an A4 sheet of WHITE paper.
If you want Boo, Mike and Sully you will need 5 sheets of white paper to print on.
Mike Wozowski and Boo will each be one A4 sheet and Sully will take up 3.
Please make sure to ask permission before using the printer.
3. Once printed lay your A4 paper on top of your black card and draw over the lines with your pencil.
Press as hard as you can so the indent goes through to the card.
4. Carefully cut along the lines.
The outlines are from the ones that I created. You don’t have to cut out each individual piece of fur as the silhouette will still show with a basic outline.
5. Using regular sticky tape to attach them to your window.
I attempted it with double sided tape but you could really see the marks and it ruined the effect. A little piece of normal sticky tape around the edges will hold the paper up without being too distracting.
6. Turn the light on and go outside to look a little weird staring at your beautiful window.
7. Take a photo and tag me on instagram!
Are you going to make some Monsters Inc Halloween Window Art? Do you create your own window decorations?! Let me know and show me a photo!