I’m very ashamed to say that a year ago today my diet revolved around maybe 3 foods. I hated trying new foods and in between work and sleep I really didn’t think I had time to cook. Things changed when we bought our apartment and I told him “one new food every single week.” We may not have lived up to that I think we’ve definitely made a start. I mean we’ve paid for our kitchen why not use it? One of my favourite meals at the moment is our home made Vegetarian fajita recipe.
I’m writing the recipe to make 4 vegetarian fajitas!
Bowl of cornflakes.
Onion (if you really like onion.)
(Place in fridge as soon as you can.)
You may call it laziness but I call it trust. I trust that it will be very difficult to find a salsa nicer than the Old El Paso Chunky Salsa Sauce.
If you think otherwise please tell me your recipe!
2. (2/3 pepper, 1 tomato and 1/2 onion.)
Cut the red pepper and tomato in half and deseed before slicing into strips and dicing into small pieces. Repeat with the onion after peeling.
3. Once the oil has began sizzling throw in the pepper, tomato and onion. Cook for 5 minutes.
4. (Cornflakes, salt, pepper, paprika and onion.)
Whilst the vegetables are cooking we can prepare the seasoning mix (it’s a very easy step!)
Add in a pinch of salt, pepper and paprika to your bowl of cornflakes. If you really like onion (unlike me) you can add in an extra 1/4 cup.
Place your mixture into a sandwich bag and use a rolling pin to crush into very fine pieces.
Place your Quorn into the bag and pour in a table spoon of olive oil.
See I told you it was easy!
6. Add the seasoned Quorn into the frying pan for around 10 minutes (or until cooked). Make sure you stir often.
Microwave tortillas for 20 seconds.
8. Pour all your ingredients into the tortillas and fail to close them. (Honestly how does anyone do this?)
9. Sauce or cheese as preferred.
10. Take photo for Instagram and tag me 💕
11. Eat your Vegetarian Fajitas!
I really hope you liked this recipe and please let me know what you think when you’ve made them!
Do you have any favourite recipes?