The Liebster Award
Last week I got a lovely comment from Vanessa (LiveEatColour.com) saying she’d nominated me for the Liebster Award. Firstly thank you so much Vanessa, you’re so kind and you always post such lovely comments on my blog. I’m just going to take this chance to say thank you to everyone else who reads my blog. When I started it in June I expected to be writing to myself, and thanks to so many lovely bloggers it’s so much nicer.
BUT FIRST, WHAT IS THE LIEBSTER AWARD?
This award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It first began back in 2011 and has been continuously awarded to recognise upcoming bloggers efforts. The word Liebster is actually German word that means sweetest, kindest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome
The rules of the Liebster Award:
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs and notify them of their nominations.
- Give the nominees 11 questions to answer.
QUESTIONS TO ME
1. What drew you to blogging?
Last April we decided that we’d try to conceive, but stay anonymous to our families and friends. Feeling a little lonely I started an Instagram account and began adding other people in similar situations. Turns out I really enjoyed reading about everyone else’s journeys so I started my blog to document mine.
2. How long have you been blogging?
I started my blog last June, so it’s not even a year!
3. What other hobbies do you do?
I love photography. I used to do photography professionally but dropped it when I fell out of love with it. I’m beginning to enjoy it more and more, but I don’t think I’d ever go back to doing it as a job. I also really enjoy playing my ukulele.
4. What kind of tourist are you? Culture buff/gourmet traveller/selfie addict?
I’m going to ruin the question a little bit and say none of the above. I’m a true, true tourist. The last 3 holidays we had were to Disneyland and the YouTube convention Vidcon.
5. What mantra do you live by?
I’m really trying to focus on reducing my stress. At the end of the year I found out that my stress has caused my Adrenal glands to basically stop functioning as well as they should be. Luckily, it’s not as bad as it could be, but it has acted as a warning sign to me to slow down. Nothing is as bad as it seems and in the end, it will be okay.
6. Cake or hot chips?
Chips. I’m not sure if it’s just me but cake really makes my teeth hurt? I can eat a smidgen but I’d rather pick the chips.
7. Coffee or tea?
I absolutely hate coffee, sorry. I will always go for a good cup of tea and biscuits.
8. Do you believe in diets or short-term to see results or a healthy lifestyle?
I’d love to go for a healthy lifestyle, but as of yet it hasn’t worked. I tend to gain a little winter belly and hula-hoop it off for the summer months. I’m honestly going to try and make it stick this year though, as it would be a massive benefit for me and our future plans. First to eat all the left over Christmas chocolate. Just kidding… maybe.
9. How do you balance blogging with the rest of your life?
Very badly. I’m trying to use my lunch breaks at work to catch up on Instagram and twitter. Luckily my husband is a gamer, so we’re very okay with him gaming in the evening and me sitting on my laptop. I’ve always filled my time with hobbies or career hopes so I’m used to having full days.
10. What do you do to relax?
Change straight into my pyjamas and turn on Netflix. I don’t know what I’m going to do when I reach the end of Friends though!
11. Do you prefer to do activities or hobbies with others or alone?
I’m going to sound super anti-social but, I much prefer on my own. I’m an introvert to the extreme so after work I really do enjoy just spending a bit of time to myself.
RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
- I’m currently binge-watching Friends, and am very upset that the Friends movie trailer is a hoax!
- I have a degree in Media Practice and Communications.
- I love singing and playing my Ukulele.
- I’m very allergic to all animals with fur and feathers.
- My neighbours hate me for fact number 3.
- I get awful anxiety sometimes that stops me leaving rooms, or having to constantly return to check on electrical plugs. I’m managing it a lot better but it’s something that will always remain.
- I hate the texture of velvet. It makes my teeth hurt. It sounds strange but you definitely know what I’m talking about.
- I have a giant teddy bear that sits on the corner of my sofa. I saw him in a shop and sent my husband a photo. His response? ‘If you can find room for him, you can have him.’
(Not the best photo but you can see him on the left!)
9. There’s a ghost at my work. No joke. I saw it on our CCTV about 3 weeks ago pushing over this giant box of candles in our warehouse, and ever since things keep smashing around me. Just two days ago a candle holder fell off a shelf and hit my head. He knows that I know.
10. I have one close friend. I have acquaintances, and I have work friends but everyone there socialises over drinking. Which brings me onto fact 11..
11. I don’t drink. It’s not something that interests me in the slightest, and really I’d rather have the money.
BLOGS I NOMINATE
I love so many blogs, and I always link to my Bloglovin follows but here are my blogs that I’m tagging for this award.
QUESTIONS TO ANSWER
Everyone’s questions are always so serious, I’m sorry I’m just not a serious person, I’ll try though.
- Why did you begin blogging?
- What series are you watching at the moment?
- Is cereal soup?
- Do you have any nicknames?
- Would you rather fight 1 horse sized duck or 100 duck sized horses?
- Do you have any hidden talents?
- If I came round your home for dinner what would you make me?
- Favourite song at the moment?
- Which character would you be in Friends?
- If you could have any celebrity as a friend, who would it be and why?
- Name one thing that makes you happy. It could be absolutely anything.