Winter Snow Truffles – Recipe
This is the second time I’ve made these scrumptious Winter Snow Truffles. I originally decorated them as Pumpkins for Halloween which may explain the Terry’s Chocolate Orange but you can always find them down the Christmas treat aisle so it definitely still works!
These will need to be left overnight so make them well in advance!
This recipe makes 24 of these Terry’s Chocolate Orange winter Snow Truffles.
You will need:
2 Terry’s Chocolate Orange.
300g White chocolate
80g unsalted butter into chunks
2 small eggs
Blue food colouring
1. Start by laying tin foil on your baking tray.
2. 2 Terry’s Chocolate Orange, 200g White Chocolate, 80g unsalted butter.
Cut up your chocolate oranges, white chocolate and butter into small pieces. Place into a glass (or heat resistant) mixing bowl. Half fill a medium saucepan with water. Heat until it begins to bubble. Place your mixture on top and stir until completely melted. Remove the bowl from the saucepan.
3. 1/2 cup of water, 2 Eggs.
Break your eggs into a medium mixing bowl and slowly add in the water. Continue mixing so it doesn’t scramble.
3. Add your eggs to the mixture and stir until smooth.
4. Pour into your tin foil covered tray and leave in the fridge overnight. *
5. Melt the rest of the white chocolate and mix in a small amount of blue colouring.
6. Shape your mixture into balls and coat them with your blue coloured chocolate.
7. Sprinkle with sprinkles!
8. Put a photo of your snow truffles on Instagram and tag me!
9. Enjoy your winter snow truffles!
I really hope you enjoy this recipe, they are so delicious and I can’t stop making them. You could always swap out the food colouring and sprinkles for any colour you wish but I think they look great blue!